Monday 16 January 2012

HCC/Taste/Wine Update

First have a read of my earlier post about the Hobart City Council selling wine at Taste and my open letter to all the Alderman.

I have had some responses:

Bill Harvey called me within an hour of sending my letter.  We had an in depth discussion about my concerns regarding this issue.  He said that the sale of cleanskin was a poor choice and he would not want it to happen again.

Marti Zucco emailed a reply:
"The council Officers will provide you with the details below.
I will be as blunt as I normally am.
This will NEVER happen again! Well I will fight to ensure it NEVER happens again!
Hope that answers any future concerns"

Ron Christie emailed a reply:
"Dear Alderman,
What Mr Smart (me) has said below quote "I'll get back to you" should read "Response on the way". His email was forwarded to Director and Taste staff as per below in red on same day.  A response will be forwarded to Mr Smart in due course. However, feel free to respond (personally) if so desired."

Helen Burnet emailed a reply:
Thanks Paul - I have similar concerns and do not want to be tarnishing the tas "brand" but importantly not competing in this bizarre way with the winemakers and industry.  We'll work to make it better - this is certainly not the way to recoup money.
Happy to talk some more.

Other Alderman were not forth coming in a reply, and being fair, were probably on holidays.

So now I wait for the council officers to get back to me but what will anything achieve.  I feel like attending the next council meeting to air my concerns. Stay tuned

1 comment:

  1. I had a peculiar wine tasting experience at a orthodontist Concord NC clinic. It's unusual but my dentist said that it's a way to relax a patient before dental procedures.

    ReplyDelete