Thursday 22 December 2011

Cajun-spiced Salmon with Couscous and minted yoghurt

I love the interwebs, particularly when you have some ingredients to use, and no recipe.  Type them in to Google followed by "recipe" and hey presto, you can find what to cook.

The other day I had 2 ingredients to use, Salmon and Couscous.  Well, I didn't have to use couscous, but I have a "thing" for it at the moment.  I typed "salmon couscous recipe" into Google and it popped out this in first spot:


Sweet.  I followed the recipe to the letter apart from:
  • I always use Waji Cajun Spice mix, it da bomb!
  • I cooked salmon fillets, not 4cm cubes.  How cook I massacre this piece of fish?


  • Instead of the chicken stock I used Massel Vegetable stock powder.  My favourite and it is Australian.  (Although I thought it was Italian watching the ad)


The spices worked beautifully with Salmon, gave it a nice crusty appearance.  Minted yogurt excellent.  Couscous great as usual.  Highly recommend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment