Wednesday 2 November 2011

Food Blogging with @StephenEstcourt, or how I learnt to love the Thermomix

This week on the show I chatted with Stephen Estcourt.  




He is a QC lawyer with a food habit, well it is better to describe him in his own words from his blog:
"I am a lawyer cum food tragic. My love of produce is powerful and inexplicable. It is more than cultural. It is an instinctive pull that rules my waking and my dreaming."
We had a great chat about what is involved in a food blog, how he got into it, and what he enjoys most about it.  But for the most of the show we ended up talking about this:



It is a Thermomix.  This nifty bench top machine can apparently chop, beat, mix, whip, grind, knead, mince, grate, juice, blend, heat, stir, steam and weigh food.  It seems like some miracle machine, and Stephen is absolutely in love with it.  Actually, when I chat with anyone who owns one these beasts (~$1,900) they can not get enough of them.  But I still love my simple bench top mixer, and won't be giving it up anytime soon, my KitchenAid:




Here is the audio with Stephen Estcourt:

5 comments:

  1. Must click back through tomorrow to listen to the audio. I desperately want a thermomix, but sadly I have to make do with my benchtop mixer and stovetop. First world problems are huge over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been contacted by the new Thermomix agent in Hobart and will be attending a demo promptly. :) Will try to get some audio out of it. The Agent is here if you want to get in on a demo => @mixotrophy

    Note to all: sadly I dont get paid for plugging the Thermomix, I am just interested in why other people are so damn in love with them

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 'casue they're so damn fun ;)

    Veronica, I'd be happy to do a demo for you if you were interested? No obligation whatsoever, just a fun way for you to catch up with a few of your friends, show them a cool kitchen gadget and enjoy some tasty food compliments of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed the Edge program this week Paul. I didn't need a thermogirl and I'm always in the garden and forget to cook but I love our machine. Still love my kitchen aid too which is apple green. Room for both....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I really enjoyed the show too. This weekend will definitely be a gardening weekend tho. How good is this weather!

    First Weekend Garden Club

    ReplyDelete