Wednesday 25 July 2012

Week 3 - Burgundy

Burgundy.

Where appellations have gone nuts. Where vineyards may be smaller than an acre, or large and owned by many people.

But this is pinot country, and the country is good!

I tasted about 100 barrels on my journey through the promised land, and I now have a huge appreciation of what makes Burgundy tick. I understand how important soil, slope and site are in making wine. I understand that the important thing for Burgundy is grow balanced, disease free grapes in the vineyard and not stuff it up in the winemaking.

Thanks Burgundy, you were great. Stay you.

























1 comment:

  1. The place reminds me of the quaint yarra valley wineries. You should enlist that area with the government for tourism purposes. I'm sure that will add up to your income and "wine revenue". Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete