Saturday 26 May 2012

I am a Eurovision Tragic

Hi my name is Paul, and I have a problem.

I am a fan of Eurovision.

They say the first step to solving an addiction is acknowledging that you have one.  I dont know why I love it so much, but there is something that keeps drawing me in.  I dont have a problem, I dont.

Well it is that time again, the Semi finals have been decided and the final is on Saturday night in Baku, Azerbaijan, or for those playing the home game, Sunday night on SBS for the replay.

My favourites are:
  • My "Douze Pointes" go to Ireland, Jedward, who make a return this year after last years "Lipstick" and 8th place.  First water feature in a Eurovision Contest?
  • Russia, "The Grannies". You just want to give them a hug.  And, why does nobody eat the bread at the end?
I have listed the top 10 finalists here, not in order of appearance, but in order of odds on to win (at the time of posting). List of the odds are at bottom of the page
The top 10 are:

Sweden- Loreen - Euphoria




Russia - Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody





Serbia - Željko Joksimović - Nije Ljubav Stvar





Italy - Nina Zilli - Per Sempre





England - Engelbert Humperdinck - Love Will Set You Free





Romania - Mandinga - Zaleilah





Spain - Pastora Soler - Quédate Conmigo





Ireland - Jedward - Waterline





Denamrk - Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better





Germany - Roman Lob - Standing Still





No comments:

Post a Comment